The documents by the Corino family in Costigliole d’Asti date back to the early 1800s with Corino Biagio, from Montegrosso d’Asti.
His activity as a carpenter and farmer continued with his son Battista, also a floriculturist, in a place called “Case Corini” as per the map. The original houses, built mainly with “raw” bricks and wooden beams, were demolished in the fifties after being transferred to another premises.
In 1898, according to the historical sources found, even before the current home, Battista had a votive pillar erected on the crossroads of the street nearby, which is still part of the entrance fence to the courtyard today . A gesture made to thank for the escaped danger occurred to his nephew who suffered from an accident while traveling on a chariot pulled by a horse. He named it after San Martino, protector of wine; therefore, it is clear at that time the family already also produced wine among its livelihoods.
Corino Luigi, Battista’s son, in addition to taking care of the farm, had achieved the profession of artisan watchmaker after attending sector workshops in Milan and Geneva. Using a pedal lathe, he produced from ivory matrixes (usually splintered and therefore unusable and inexpensive billiard balls) models in which he subsequently inserted all the mechanics to build the watches, usually pocket models. His activity was also consolidated with a shop in Costigliole and another in Nizza Monferrato.
Certainly this success, which has also economic, was fundamental for the construction of the new house in San Martino street that his son Vincenzo completed in the rural part in 1901.
Corino Vincenzo (known as Centin from which one of the wines produced by the company takes its name today) expanded the house with a rural part in 1901 and continued the agricultural activity very carefully. He was well knonn for his ability and dedication in the care of fields, vineyards and animals. His refinement in producing high quality wines was clear but, in that historical period (mid 1950s) not rightly recognized by the market.
Pietro, one of Vincenzo’s sons, after two decades working in the construction field, returned to his paternal farm in 1944, where he settled with his wife Leonilda Zari.
The farm thus finds new vigor and continuity; the cultivation of hemp, wheat, chard, fodder, maize, vegetables as well as cattle and farmyard animals continues alongside grapes and wine. With Pietro, better known as Pierino, the secular activity of polyculture ended in the late sixties. His son Luigi found a job in FIAT and settled in Turin.
His son Lorenzo finishes his studies in Agronomy; both collaborate with parents on farm activities. Lorenzo, starting since 1967, will make the choice to renovate and consolidate the farm by purchasing the Case Corini plot, new land and vineyards, readjusting the cellar, and adding collaborators.
For the first time he created for the first time a foreign market for high quality wine in MA (USA) and Japan, laying the foundations for a more solid future for the company.
Today the activity continues with Lorenzo and his two sons Luisa and Guido.
 Note sui piloni votivi nel Basso Monferrato / Franco Zampicinini. – all’interno di Studi piemontesi / Centro studi piemontesi. – Vol. XX, fasc. 2 (nov. 1991). – Torino : Centro studi piemontesi, 1972. – (Periodico Semestrale).